Monday, June 9, 2014

Hey!!!!!

Hey Family!!!!!!!!
     Thanks so much for your emails!! I love hearing from you.  We had transfers this week so now I'm with Sister Felt and she's a great missionary.  She goes home the transfer after me! She's from Lincoln,California.  We also got a mini missionary on Friday night and she is so great.  Like I love having her with us!! Basically, what a mini missionary is, is a priest or laurel aged member spends a week with us and lives with us and does everything we do with us to see what being a missionary is like! Her name is Gretchen, she's 16, and she's hilarious.  She's supposed to go home on Tuesday but we are going to see if she can stay longer because we love having her around!! Like at first you would think she's really strange and awkward and quiet but no... she's a genius and hilarious and she isn't afraid to contribute in lessons and it's so great! A couple nights ago, Sister Felt made these amazing cookies and Gretchen was like "if these cookies were a person, they would be Jesus." We couldn't stop laughing.  Anyway, I think mini missions are the best idea!! Do they even do them in Utah?      
     Last Monday, we went to the Holocaust museum and it was interesting and so sad but I like learning about it.  Then we drove through this place called Lone Elk Park and it's like a park with supposedly a ton of animals like elk, deer, buffalo, bison, and other things but all we saw were a few bison.. 
     Wednesday we had transfer meeting and then that night we had a lesson with Jake and we watched the Restoration DVD and he wants to know if it's true so he said he would pray about it and he said he would like to get baptized also so we are possibly going to set a baptism date with him this wednesday! He said that he feels like he needs some religion in his life and he believes that we are helping him because the night before he wanted to drink but he decided not to.  Cool huh?? 
     Thursday we had a lesson with Audre at the temple and it was really cool.  She LOVES the temple and we challenged her to find a quiet spot on the temple grounds after we left and say a prayer and she even told us that she is going to ask her parents when they get home from vacation if she can get baptized before she's 18.  HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE???? We hope they say yes.       
     Friday we had MLC and it was my last MLC so that was kinda weird.  I gave my "departing testimony" and of course as soon as I stood up I literally forgot everything I wanted to say.  It's so weird to think about though because that was the last time I will see a lot of the Elders and other missionaries! 
     Saturday night we had a lesson with Jia and it was amazing!! We have talked with her over and over about prayer and she still hasn't done it and after we watched this movie called Finding faith in Christ, we talked about prayer again and I told her that if she prayed every single day for a week, she would feel God's love for her and have faith in Jesus Christ.  She laughed and was like "are you making a bet?" But I told her that I had faith that if she did that I know she would have faith as well and she was like "Wow, I'm really going to do that".  She said she liked our confidence we had in the fact that that would happen.  I have never done anything like that before and it was kinda scary! So anyway, we are going back Saturday and we will see how it goes!
     Yesterday we had church and Audre came! Today I will be going to a laundry mat for the first time ever... the members house we usually do laundry at is gone for 6 weeks soooo we are going to a laundry mat! 
     Anyway, I think that's about it!! I hope you all have a super fabulous day and week!!!!! I MISS YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH AND I LOVE YOU BUNCHES AND BUNCHES AND BUNCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Taylor
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background