Monday, July 29, 2013

Hola!!!!


Hey Family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
     I LOVED reading your emails so much - thank you!! And I'm so glad that Dad was able to email me too, I was bummed when you said you weren't sure you would be able to email me this week so that was great!! Don't you love the Christensens??? They are so adorable!!!!!! I'm so glad that you liked them and had a good time with them.  I had TWO dreams this last week about that for some reason and the first one, I called home to ask you how it went and Dad answered and was telling me that it was really boring and awkward... and then I had a dream that we were at the Treehouse and Sister Christensen was with me and I saw mom and I went over to tell her to come say hi to Sister Christensen and she was telling me that the dinner was really awkward and they had like nothing to talk about and it just didn't go well and nobody 'clicked' haha.... SO I'm glad it wasn't like that!!!!!!!!!! So basically I'm pretty excited to tell you about my week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
     Monday was p day and we just took it easy and went grocery shopping, had lunch and frozen yogurt, and then wrote letters.
     Tuesday the sister trainer leaders (STL's) were with us and I spent the day with Sister Fallentine! We had like 3 different lessons planned for when they were with us and that morning before we went out, they all called us in a row and cancelled.... so our day was full of tracting! But I actually really like tracting as long as it's hot outside.  Sister Fallentine and I found a new investigator, Trevor, who is 16 and we have a lesson with him this week.  Sister Johnson and Sister Woodward (the one that I was in the MTC with - LOVE HER) found this lady Kelly who has like 4 kids who I guess just seemed super prepared and everything and like said this is just what she needs right now and asked to come to church and then yesterday at church she texted us and said her mom talked to her about mormons and said that we don't worship the same Jesus and that she isn't interested at all so that was a bummer.  Anyway, I talked to Sister Fallentine about Sister Johnson and she didn't have much to say other than to just keep being obedient.  I can't tell you how frustrated I am to be honest.  Anyway, at the end of our exchanges for the day, they interviewed us individually and guess what???? They told me that either this transfer or the next transfer they want me to be an STL!!!!!!!!!!!! There are only 4 of them in our mission.  That is so exciting to me and I hope I really do get to.  I think it would be so awesome to be an STL - I WOULD LOVE TO DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited all day that you guys were going to be eating with the Christensens that night and then when she texted me and said they were on their way to my house it was just so cool.  Then she texted me and told me they were just getting ready to eat so it was just so crazy that she was with you guys as I was texting her back.  I'm glad you had fun with them and I'm excited to see the pictures that she took. 
     Wednesday we had district meeting and we did like a pot luck type thing after where all the companionships brought some type of food and it was pretty fun! Our district leader brought these BBQ muffins which sound disgusting but they were good! It's so weird how the 24th isn't a holiday here haha like it was just like any other day here! Wednesday we pretty much tracted all day and we came to this one lady from the community free church and she came outside of her house and like wanted us to prove in the Bible where it says that there would be a Book of Mormon and just wanted to prove us wrong the whole time and then she called their youth pastor in training to come talk to us and they just wanted to like bible bash the whole time and it was getting no where.  Like it wasn't an argument and they were really nice but it was just going nowhere but we were there for like an hour!! Remember that weird Elder at the MTC that asked if he could get a picture with me and I didn't even know him? Welp I got a letter, a picture, and a returned missionary dating application from him this last week.... creeper...
     Thursday we did some more tracting and then had service at the Glenwood (old folks home).  I won one of the rounds of bingo but I gave my card to one of the old ladies so that she could get the prize and it was so funny she was like "is this cheating?" haha it was just kinda funny and it made me laugh - they take bingo so seriously there! Then we went to Ann's house and we dropped her:( It was really sad and we will still go visit her every once in a while but she just isn't keeping any of her commitments and isn't planning on getting married or coming to church anytime soon.  However haha while we were there, she had the TV on and it was Ellen and she left the room for a few minutes to use the restroom so we were like right there in front of the TV and JUSTIN BIEBER was on!!! It was so distracting hahahaha and I felt so bad but.... tender mercy?? Then we had dinner with Biscuit and Mamma and it was great!! I love them and they are so sweet to each other.  Then we had a lesson with them and Biscuit has started reading the Book of Mormon and had really great questions about it and we are having another lesson with them next week! Then we had a lesson with Joe and Tara and we went over the 10 commandments.  I don't think they will be getting baptized in the near future but I know they will eventually.  It's just so frustrating though just cause they know it's true!!!!!!!!!! Ugh... whatevs.
     Friday morning, Sister Palumbo (turning trash into crafts extrordinaire) called us and said she was looking on craigs list and there was this house putting a ton of stuff on their lawn for free and she knew we needed a bookshelf and she wanted us to come with her! Haha her husband laughs cause he thinks it's ridiculous and that she is just recruiting people to join her in her hobby of dumpster diving.  Anyway, when we got to the house everything was pretty picked over so that was a bummer but it was fun to spend time with her.  When we got back, Sister Osborne took us to lunch and we just got to know her and spent time with her.  She's probably in her late 70's and she had just gotten her hair permed and she was so cute.  Old people love telling stories about themselves.  Then we had a lesson with the Eastons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH EM GEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay so we finish with dinner and are about to start our lesson and then they are like "okay so we have some news for you".  So guess what??? Scott, Teri, AND their daughter Andrea are not only ALL getting baptized BUT instead of September 28th they are getting baptized AUGUST 9th!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND they changed their mind about getting baptized in Wyoming, they are going to get baptized here!!!!!! Originally they said August 17th, but then we told them that transfers were the 14th so it was a possibility one of us wouldn't be there so they switched to the week earlier! YAY!!!!!!!!!! I feel so blessed that I have been able to teach them!!! Like I am still so excited that they chose to switch their day and that they already have such strong testimonies!!!
     Guess what mom???? I WENT TO THE TEMPLE ON SATURDAY TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I read that right, isn't that when you went? We have to get a ride to go to the temple and earlier this week our Bishops wife told us they were going and that we could come with them.  I love going to the temple and the spirit that is there.  We did some of Sister Hope's (bishops wife) family names.  After, they took us to Cheescake Factory! When we got there, Sister Nelson (the girl I trained) and her companion were with 2 elders eating at cheescake factory and it's like a BIG no no to go on "double dates" on our mission.  And they were sitting in a booth and it was a boy and girl on one side and a boy and girl on the other which is another thing we aren't supposed to do. After we got there, they left within seconds.  Our Bishop was actually the one that said something to us about it and asked if we are supposed to do that so that wasn't good haha but honestly it was just kinda disappointing because Sister Nelson was my companion and one of the elders that was there used to be my zone leader.  Anyway, I got an oreo cheesecake and it was SO DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you go to cheescake factory on the 30th of this month, cheescake is only $1.50!!! Just an idea for ya!!! And they have a new smores cheescake coming out on the 30th. 
     Yesterday, the Eastons all came to church and stayed the whole time!! Andrea might even be going to girls camp today! Then we had dinner and a lesson with them about the Word of Wisdom, law of chastity, and keeping the sabbath day holy.  It's kinda funny cause earlier that week we were trying to figure out how we could stretch the lessons out until Septemeber 28th so that we could still meet with them once a week and then when they switched their baptism date, now we are trying to cram them all in!! We asked them about church and Scott and Andrea really liked it and Teri did too but she just didn't have a good feeling in Relief Society.  She said it wasn't anything that was said or done there, but she just hasn't had good experiences with all women groups in the past and so it was affecting how she felt when she was there, but she said she would keep going.  Also, our investigators have to go to church 3 times before they get baptized and they will have only gone twice, but we got special permission for them to still get baptized!!
     Welp that is pretty much my week!!!!! I'm going to be playing the piano in our ward on the 11th! Oh and have you ever heard of Hugh Nibbly? or something like that?? So these people in our ward were talking about him and how they used to go to his lectures and they were telling us all of these evidences of the Book of Mormon and they are sooo cool.  Also, the Goodriches in our ward are from Utah and Sister Goodrich is making us her own version of Cafe Rio tonight!!!! Anyway, thank you so much again for your emails, I love hearing from you guys and you have no idea how much it means to me that you write me!!!! I am learning so much about the gospel here and I really do LOVE it.  I hope you all have a really great week!!! I miss you sooooooooooooo much and you are always in my prayers.  Be safe and smart and healthy and don't do anything dumb!!!! I hope you have a great time in Alaska dad!! I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Taylor
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO 

1. What parking looks like at district meeting since we have to back the person driving
2. 6 months baby








No comments:

Post a Comment

Background