Monday, February 17, 2014

Exchanges

Hey Family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
     Thanks so much for your emails - I love hearing from you!! I hope you all had a great Valentines Day! Sorry I haven't been able to email you until today - we had zone conference yesterday so we had to wait for this morning!! Guess what?? Mark is going to get baptized!!! We set March 8th as his date and he came to church and said he felt like that was where he was supposed to be - yay!!! Also guess what?? Remember Matt W? He is getting baptized also!! I guess he had a dream about it and now he feels like he needs to get baptized.  I just found that out yesterday so that was pretty great!
     Anyway, I will just tell you about my week! Alright, so last Monday, Sister Smith colored my hair for free and I love it - she is amazing at hair and so I feel super lucky that she did mine! On Tuesday, we had zone conference and it was all about raising the bar and there were a couple of quotes from it that I really liked. 
The first one is:
"If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got"
The other one is:
"If you don't raise the bar, how will you ever know your potential?"
The first one, Sister Morgan shared with us and the second one is from a story about a high jumper and his last name is like fosberry or something like that? Anyway, I really liked them because it's true! I feel like sometimes I make goals but then I don't do my part and try to change things and so my goal doesn't really go anywhere so we have to act on our goals!
     Tuesday night, we had a lesson with a referral we got from another ward named Mary and she is amazing! She is probably in her early 60's and she grew up Catholic but doesn't agree with everything and she wants a sense of belonging at a church and she asked if she could come to our church and wants to learn more - she is so great!!
     Wednesday morning we did service at a Baptist Food Pantry and the man who runs it is so sweet! He said he talked about us in his sunday school class and is just really impressed with what we do as missionaries and he is just really sweet! And he thought I was 14... It's cool.  I've gotten that more than once actually haha a lot of people think I'm like 16 or something! Anyway, we went on exchanges that afternoon and I was in Frontenac with Sister Gunter! It was so fun being back in Frontenac.  I saw some of the ward members and I honestly didn't really expect them to remember me but they did and that made me feel good.
     Thursday we went to visit all the less actives that had birthdays to give them cookies and NONE of them were really home but we decided at each house we would tract the 5 houses around their homes and it was amazing!! We found 3 people like one after another that wanted us to come back which was so great.  I think I just always expect people to say no when we ask them if they want to learn more so when they say yes it's so exciting to me!! We have appointments to go back and visit them this week! The weather was so amazing on Thursday (it is today too!!).  Thursday night we had a special district meeting where everyone in our district was asked to bring a convert to the church and then each set of missionaries were asigned to one of them and they just kinda interviewed them and asked about their conversion stories and the spirit was really strong.  Afterwards, the converts bore their testimonies and it was just a really good district meeting! We interviewed an older man and he emphasized how important being friends with your investigators is and that that is what helped him along the way. 
     Friday we had a lesson with Mark at the church and we gave him a tour of the church and it went really well! We had his friend, Sarah, who is a member come with and it just adds so much to the lesson when members come and share their testimonies during the lesson.  I love it!! We ended the tour in the chapel and talked about Sacrament meeting and Mark really opened up and we set a date for him to get baptized!! For Valentines Day, a family in the ward had us and the Elders over for dinner and we played a candy bar game with them and that was really fun.
     Saturday we had a lesson with a former investigator that the Elders told us about and long story short, his name was Jesse and we had a wonderful lesson with him and his boyfriend and probably wont be going back! That night we went around to all of our neighbors and introduced ourselves to them and gave them cookies and I'm so glad we did because a lot of them invited us to come back!!
     Sunday Mark came to church and he said it was different but that he liked it and felt like it was where he was supposed to be - yay!!
     Monday was SO MUCH FUN!!!!!! It was zone p day and we went roller skating and it was a blast!! I'm not very good haha and fell flat on my bottom once and basically ran over the same little girl twice but it was just really fun! Our zone leader, Elder Reay is like amazing and him and his family do this regularly at home and have a video on youtube of them roller skating.  It's so weird though, I'm so sore from it!!  That night, we got a new investigator!! His name is John.  We were trying to contact a less active and when we got there, they had moved but John and his wife live there and his wife was sleeping but John said he will give everything a try once! We left him with a Book of Mormon and shared our testimonies with him and set up a time to come back this week. 
     Yesterday we had another zone conference and then afterwards we found another new investigator!! Her name is Kristie and she is a young busy mom with a ton going on in her life right now and we just really focused on even though making God a priority seems like one more thing on your plate right now, it will only help put things in order and it will help her.  She's mostly looking for something for her 2 young kids and so we talked about primary and she wants to try it out. 
     Oh ya! Haha okay so we have been bringing cookies to the less active women in our ward on their birthdays and we got to this one house and no one in the ward knows who she is so before they answered the door I was like "Sister Minyard, lets just start singing Happy Birthday when she opens the door" and she was like "No! I'm not singing" And I was like "Yes, I'm singing whether or not your singing" And like right before someone answered the door Sister Minyard was like "Don't do it!" And they open the door and for some reasong I decided not to and it's a good thing I didn't because the lady doesn't even live there anymore!! How embarassing would that have been? I would have sung Happy Birthday and then she would have been like, uhhh it's not my birthday... awkward. 
     Anyway, that's pretty much my week! I hope you all have a super fabulous week and day!! I MISS YOU ALL SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH AND I LOVE YOU BUNCHES AND BUNCHES AND BUNCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Taylor
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background