Monday, February 3, 2014

Fenton!

Dear Family,
     HEY!!!!! Thanks for your emails - I love hearing from you!! I'm in Fenton now and it's pretty different from Highland.  It's more in the city - I haven't really been near a city since Frontenac! Anyway, the ward is like pretty full of young families that are doing some type of medical schooling or are already doctors.  Like the Relief Society president is only 26! That just seems so young!!! There's a pretty big gap of age haha it's like either you are in your late 20's early 30's or you are 60+ but the ward has only had sisters for 1 transfer so they are excited which is great because they want to help us!! My new companion is Sis. Minyard and she is from Las Vegas.  She sold tickets for Cirque de Sole (sorry my spelling is probs wrong) and the show "O" seems pretty sweet! Anyway, we share the ward with Elder Hess and Butler.  So as of right now we have a total of 1 investigator and we found her last night!! She is the granddaughter of one of the ward members and she's looking for something.  We asked her if she had faith in Jesus Christ and she said that she has faith that there is something but she isn't sure what.  Her name is Janeice and she is 22 and we are seeing her again next Sunday! I'm excited to go back and teach her. 
     Anyway, I guess I will tell you about my week! So basically Monday we went to dinner with the Worthens and I started packing :(.  Tuesday, we went with one of the young women to visit one of her old elderly neighbors who isn't a member and that was fun! We haven't done much with the young women in the past and it was fun to do that. The girl that came with us is Jaclyn and she is 16 and her and her dad drive us to church most sundays and we like her.  She texted us Monday night and knew that I was going to be transferred and wanted to say bye to me and so when we picked her up to go see her neighbor, there was another young woman there and she came just cause she wanted to say bye to me! It made me feel so good just because I guess I didn't know she was sad to see me leave so I thought that was really sweet.  After that, I needed to practice a piano song that I was asked to play at transfer meeting so we just went to the EVUCC (Evangelical United Church of Christ) and asked if we could borrow their piano and it actually turned into a pretty neat thing! The youth pastor led us to one of the music classrooms and talked about a group that he started that just unites Christian faiths together.  It's so cool when you meet strong religious people like him because you really do see the light of Christ in them and they are so passionate about what they believe too and just want to share it with others just like us! While we were there, the adult pastor came in and introduced himself as well and everyone was just so kind - I love it!! Wednsday was transfers and I was super bummed to say bye to Sister Johnson but we still get to see each other at some meetings and what not.  In my new apartment we have a treadmill again which is great! It's like 100 years old but it works so that's great!! So on Friday we had MLC where all the zone leaders and sister training leaders and mission president get together and discuss haha.  I got to see Sis. Johnson again though so that was pretty great!
     Yesterday we had church and then we had a lesson with a recent convert in the ward and then last night we had dinner at the McDermotts and they are a fun family!   Anyway, after dinner we met Janeice and she became our new and pretty much only investigator!! YAY!!!
     Anyway, that's pretty much my week! My apartment is all decorated for Valentines thanks to Mom and her cute package she sent me - thank you!!!! I hope you all have a super fabulous week (Erin.... you're in MAUI??? LUCKY!!!!!)!!!  I MISS YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH AND I LOVE YOU BUNCHES AND BUNCHES AND BUNCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Taylor
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background