Monday, February 10, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Hey Family!!!
     Thank you for your emails - it was so great to hear from you!! It is still paretttyyy cold here and it snowed AGAIN yesterday.  It snowed twice this week and Missouri like doesn't plow their roads and there are a ton of hills in Fenton so we would be trying to drive up a hill and either we wouldn't make it or the car would literally crawl up the hill.  Anyway! I will tell you about my week:
     Last Monday we went to the Keetch's for dinner and Bro. Keetch has bees too!!! They are in their backyard and apparenlty he babies his just like Dad does hahaha.  He makes honey as well.  Also, Sister Keetch went to Midvale Middle School! I really like their family a lot. 
     Tuesday we had an STL training meeting at presidents house and guess what... ya... I got sick.  Kinda embarrassing... Anyway! That day it started to snow a ton and we didn't have any appointments so we went to former investigators and potential investigators homes trying to see if they were interested and none of them were but I'm pretty sure they thought we were all crazy because we were out!
     Wednesday we got a new investigator!! His name is Mark.  He is a friend of a recent convert in our ward (Sarah) and after they talked earlier in the week, Mark felt like what we had to share was what he needed in his life so that's pretty perfect! He is really receptive and feels like this really is what he wants in his life! We had another lesson with him on Saturday and that went well too.  He said a few times throughout the lesson something along the lines of "I think this is what I'm looking for" and he even said he would get baptized if he came to know it was true! Yay!
     Thursday was pretty great hahaha.  In the morning we visited a member of the ward, Sister Galloway who is 80 and has a lot of health problems but is one of the sweetest ladies EVER!! She made my day.  You can just tell she's really sensitive to the spirit and she would start crying when she would talk about the gospel.  We read a scripture with her and she is pretty much blind and she grabs her "glasses"  (you know those things that welders use to put over their faces? So her glasses pretty much looked like those-without the thing that covers your whole face) but it's a whole head peace that she slipped over her head.  It was so cute, I had to take a picture.  People like Sister Galloway give everyone else no excuses for not reading their scriptures! Later that night, we were having dinner with the Hansons and they have just been married for a year and they have Guinea Pigs and I was holding one of them while we were talking and all of a sudden I feel my leg get really warm and it went to the bathroom on me! Sister Hanson got up and told me to follow her so I go into her room and she goes in her drawer and gets some tights out and then goes into her closet and comes out with THE DEFINITION of a sister missionary skirt.  I was like "no really, I'm fine! I can just wait for it to dry!" And she was like "No, let me do this - it will make me feel better.  This was my all time favorite skirt on my mission and the best part - it has POCKETS!" (ohhh good...).  Haha so I put her skirt on and I just looked great! Haha the whole thing just makes me laugh, she was so sweet though.
     Friday we did service at a baptist food pantry and it was really fun! Everyone was probably like 70 or older but they were all really friendly. 
     Yesterday after church, we did a church service at an old folks home! A member of our ward  owns an old folks home or sSunday, we switch off with the Elders and just teach for like 10 minutes each and sing some hymns and just have like a little church service!
     That was pretty much my week! It's kinda hard finding investigators here but we are trying.  We got another member referral earlier this week and have a lesson with the referral on Tuesday so hopefully that goes well!
     Anyway, I think that's about it! I hope you all have a super fabulous day and week!  I MISS YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH AND I LOVE YOU BUNCHES AND BUNCHES AND BUNCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Taylor
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment

Background